The wellbeing and safety of our guests is always paramount, but especially now that the world is opening back up and holidays are an option again.
In this ever-changing Covid-19 world, holidays are adapting and additional hygiene measures are being implemented across all forms of travel.
With so many new protocols and standards now in place, we wanted to run through what several of our preferred partners are doing to ensure safety on their trips and give you peace of mind whilst travelling.
GUIDED HOLIDAYS AND ESCORTED TOURING
Trafalgar, Costsaver, Insight Vacations and Luxury Gold
EXPERTLY TRAINED TRAVEL DIRECTORS
These trips always have an expert Travel Director or Travelling Concierge with you throughout the journey. They have been newly trained in new and enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. During your trip, they will operate with a duty of care and monitor the hygiene etiquette of guests, reacting and advising as needed, to ensure high standards are maintained. They have preventative measures in place to ensure your well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.
Working alongside the Travel Directors, all trips with more than 20 people will have a well-being director on-board. The addition of a dedicated director on every trip will help ensure adherence to all standards and that guests can remain up-to-date with the latest guidelines and recommendations.
STRINGENT ON THE ROAD PROTOCOLS
The luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, additional measures have been taken to elevate hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations.
Drivers are trained with the latest hygiene protocols and will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis.
Guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organization including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitizing when required. Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for guests to use throughout the day.
They do ask you to bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, as these are required to be worn in public in some countries, and additional hand sanitizer to make you feel comfortable.
Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes are available for guests on all trips.
A FULL TEAM OF SUPPORT 24/7
It’s not just the Travel Director and Driver who will be taking care of you. Behind the scenes, the operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
TRUSTED PARTNERS, EXCEPTIONAL STANDARDS
These companies are very selective in who they work with, which is why they are one of our preferred suppliers. They choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the well-being of guests as seriously as they do and agree to meet expected guidelines and specifications. They only work with establishments that they are confident will consistently adhere to their standards.
ALWAYS IN THE KNOW
As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC), these suppliers are kept up to date with all government advisories and travel alerts on a daily basis and is continually in touch with all of their partners on the ground in each destination. Rest assured that during your trip, the teams work to ensure the supplier partners (hotels, restaurants, museums and other venues) are also applying the same standard to these new hygiene and distancing protocols, to every extent possible.
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises
Comprehensive security and sanitation protocols onboard Uniworld ships are nothing new. They are always a top priority but are being escalated with the current climate. The below protocols are being taken to protect the wellbeing of guests and crew
- All guests must complete a health screening prior to embarkation.
- Gloves, face masks and small bottles of hand sanitizer will be readily available for each guest.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
- Housekeeping staff disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles.
- Fruits, cookies, chips, nuts, candies or other treats are now served to individual guests by the crew only. These treats are no longer available for self-service.
- Disinfected wipes are available throughout the ship, including at coffee stations and in the public toilets.
- Any onboard payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry.
- All coffee table books, magazines and brochures have been removed from public use. Guests will be able to access these reading materials via our complimentary PressReader app on their mobile devices.
- Crew wash their hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All meals are now served by culinary and waitstaff, with no self-service allowed during buffets.
- All restaurant dining now has reserved seating, with guests at the same table, with the same people, each day.
- To limit the total number of guests in a restaurant at a time, two seating times for each meal have been introduced.
- Items that are usually shared, like bread and butter, are now served to each person individually.
- All touch points, like chairs and salt and pepper shakers, are immediately disinfected after each seating.
STATEROOMS & SUITES:
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Umbrellas are now only available in rooms for individual use, with no shared umbrella stands in public areas.
- In-room chocolate candy bowls are replaced at the end/beginning of each cruise.
- All buses are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- Face masks are also available on the buses, in addition to the staterooms.
- Vox boxes are sanitized prior to embarkation and after each excursion.
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training (HACCP) by an external consultant before each ship begins its sailing season, including training on how to look for symptoms.
- All crew strictly adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All crew undergo regular health screenings and are quarantined immediately if symptoms are present.
- Hand sanitizer is readably available and mandated for use in all crew areas.
- Crew quarters, public and private, are sanitized regularly.
- All crew meals are served, with no self-service allowed.
Our suppliers will continue to evaluate and review all procedures, with additional health and sanitation steps added if required and as instructed by the World Health Organisation.
At York Road Travel we continue to monitor the changes with all our suppliers and how they will affect our guest’s holidays. We want to keep you as informed as possible of any updates and hope the above information is useful. If you do have any questions regarding any aspect of an existing booking or possible future trip, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The York Road Travel Team
USEFUL TRAVEL ADVICE WEBSITES
PREFERRED SUPPLIERS DIRECT LINKS